Subject: Re: git sticker svg

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 09:32:42 +0100

Jeff King venit, vidit, dixit 01.11.2011 22:16:
> If you were at the GSoC mentor summit or the GitTogether last week, you
> may seen Git stickers floating around. I printed 500, thinking there
> would be some leftovers to distribute afterwards. But either git is very
> popular, or somebody decided to re-wallpaper their bedroom, because we
> ran out.
> 
> In case anybody wants to make their own git sticker (or whatever), I'm
> providing the SVG that I sent to the printer. I ordered 2"x4" stickers,
> but it's scalable, you should be able to do any size.
> 
> Credit where credit is due:
> 
> The logo is shamelessly stolen from one Sam Vilain made for GitTogether
> t-shirts in 2008. It's really just the "---/+++" logo done in FreeMono
> with a few pretty colors and outlines.  I have no idea who did the
> original "---/+++" logo. It's awesome, but I couldn't find a nice
> scalable version, hence this.

Yeah, git has been G-+ long before G+ ;)

I do prefer the rotated, vertically stacked +-G though (with + <-> t, -
<-> i, G <-> 3/4-circle with arrow). Good thing we don't have to argue
about an "official" logo...

Michael