Subject: Re: RFH: unexpected reflog behavior with --since=

From: Eric Raible <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 10:18:39 -0800

On 11/10/2011 3:06 AM, Miles Bader wrote:
> I think there's already confusion in this area, e.g., with @{...} using
> reflog dates, but "git log --since" using commit dates.  This can be an
> easy trap to fall into because _often_ the two have similar granularity
> (when you're mostly pushing changes), but not _always_ (when you pull a
> big batch of changes).
> 
> Soooo, being really really explicit about using reflog dates vs. commit
> dates -- and e.g., having option names like "--since" _always_ refer to
> commit dates -- would be a good thing, I think...
> 
> -Miles

Surely you agree that my original example shows that the current behavior
is confusing, yes?

So you're advocating --reflog-since (or some such)?
Or to disable the early --since early exit when walking the reflog?
Or for something else?

- Eric