Subject: Re: feature request: git annotate -w like git blame -w

From: "Raoul Bhatia [IPAX]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 17:21:02 +0100

On 2011-11-11 14:57, Jakub Narebski wrote:
> "Raoul Bhatia [IPAX]"<[email-masked]>  writes:
>
>> is it possible to add a "git annotate -w" option like git blame has?
>
> Why not use "git blame -c -w"?  `-c' turns on annotate-compatibile
> output.
>
>  From git-annotate(1) manpage:
>
>     The only difference between this command and git-blame(1) is that they  use
>     slightly  different  output formats, and this command exists only for back-
>     ward compatibility to support existing scripts, and provide a more familiar
>     command name for people coming from other SCM systems.

thanks for this clarification. somehow, i missed this part while
scanning the man pages.

thank you and sorry for the noise!
raoul
-- 
____________________________________________________________________
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          [email-masked]
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OG          web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            [email-masked]
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15
____________________________________________________________________