Subject: Re: [PATCHv2 0/4] git-p4: small fixes to branches and labels; tests

From: Luke Diamand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 08:49:25 +0000

On 01/12/11 21:59, Vitor Antunes wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2011 4:03 AM, "Pete Wyckoff"<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>> I see your point.  P4 labels are the only way that they support
>> tagging, apparently.  I'm okay with leaving label support in
>> git-p4.  And it will be nice if Luke makes it behave a bit
>> better.  But doing heroics to emulate cross-commit tags feels
>> like a lot of work, and the wrong direction.
>
> Agreed. Lets keep it simple.
>

I think I'm going to have to go away and do a bit more work on this. The 
existing label code is still quite buggy (or my understanding is 
broken). Either way I'd rather get it to the point where it actually 
works and passes all its tests.

The two issues I'm seeing are:

- two p4 labels covering the same set of files; only one of them gets 
imported.

- if you have a p4 label on a subset of files then it gets dropped 
(which is fine) but so do most of the other labels (as far as I can tell).

I think if this could be made to work it would actually be really useful 
though.

(Pete - I've found your previous email; not sure why I didn't see it 
before. I'll roll that change in with what I'm doing).

Regards!
Luke