Subject: Re: Auto update submodules after merge and reset

From: Max Krasnyansky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 17:06:20 -0800

Hi Jens,

On 11/30/2011 12:31 AM, Jens Lehmann wrote:
> I'm working on a patch series to teach Git to optionally update the 
> submodules work trees on checkout, reset merge and so on, but I'm not 
> there yet.
> [SNIP]

Sorry for not replying right away.
Everything you suggested sounds great. We're on the same page (config 
option, etc).
How far along are you? Do you have a tree I could pull from to play with 
things?
I could help with testing, bug fixes and/or implementing parts of it. 
Let me know.

For now I implemented automatic submodules update using 'post-merge' 
hook. But obviously it does
not handle reset and things. I'm thinking of adding 'post-reset' and 
'pre-merge' that would be useful
for this and maybe other things.

Thanx
Max