Subject: Re: Undo a commit that is already pushed to central server and merged to several branches

From: Matthias Fechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 16:35:02 +0100

Am 07.12.11 15:42, schrieb Ramkumar Ramachandra:
> Assuming that you actually want to rewrite the history, the situation
> calls for a git-reset(1).  Just "git reset --hard HEAD~1" on each of
> your branches (Caution: first understand what it does!) and you'll

that will not work, because in the master branch I already have around 
15 commits after the bogus commit and I want to keep these commits.

And in some other branches there are tons of commits (over 100) after 
the bogus commit with the merge and I only want to remove that bogus 
commit but keep all other commits after the bogus commit (all commits 
are not related to the bogus one, they are all in different files).

It is even fine if I could remove the bogus commit from all branches.

Bye
Matthias

-- 
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to 
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to 
produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." -- 
Rich Cook