Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] git-svn, perl/Git.pm: extend and use Git->prompt method for querying users

From: Sven Strickroth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 20:57:26 +0100

Am 01.01.2012 10:11 schrieb Junio C Hamano:
> I do not think Peff means the dialog must ask these three items at the
> same time. The point is that other codepaths know they need to ask them
> and would benefit if they can instruct the dialog external helper to ask
> them in a single interaction. So if your callsite does not ask them
> together, it is OK. You can keep asking them separately in two dialog
> interactions.

Sure. This is possible with my proposed interface.

Two parameters should be sufficient, since we get the path to the
repository from the CWD.

TYPE: 'text' (default), 'pass', 'userpass' (username + password in one
dialog), 'filename'
PROMPT

Am I missing something?

-- 
Best regards,
 Sven Strickroth
 ClamAV, a GPL anti-virus toolkit   http://www.clamav.net
 PGP key id F5A9D4C4 @ any key-server