Subject: Re: [PATCH] diff --no-index: support more than one file pair

From: Neal Kreitzinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 10:37:37 -0600

On 1/12/2012 3:09 AM, Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy wrote:
> This allows you to do
>
> git diff --no-index file1.old file1.new file2.old file2.new...
>
> It could be seen as an abuse of "git --no-index", but it's very
> tempting considering many bells and whistles git's diff machinery
> provides.
>
I see that git-diff can be used in place of linux diff for totally 
untracked file pairs (which is kind of neat, I guess, if you're partial 
to git like I am and would probably prefer to use it as your primary 
file-system interface if you could).  I assume this new syntax implies 
manual usage since scripting this input is less straightforward than 
iterating thru a single pair via xargs, etc.  In that context, I also 
see that git-difftool doesn't bring up kdiff3 (or whatever) but just 
does a text diff (git 1.7.1) which is mildly disappointing for mere 
mortals like myself who prefer to read side-by-side gui diffs over text 
diffS.  This, of course, is also preference for someone like me who 
wouldn't mind prefixing all of my commands with "git " ;-)

v/r,
neal