Subject: Re: fetch for bare repository

From: "Dmitry A. Ashkadov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 17:54:31 +0400

13.01.2012 17:40, Carlos Martín Nieto пишет:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 02:42:03PM +0400, Dmitry A. Ashkadov wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I can't understand how to fetch branches from external repository
>> for bare repository.
> What you probably want is a mirror (git clone --mirror). Unless you
> tell git that you want a mirror, it's going to assume that you want a
> bare repo to push your own changes up to it. Such a repo has no need
> to be kept up to date, so clone doesn't set up any fetch refspecs.

I don't have access to an origin repository. So, I need bare repository 
and push changes up to it. So, I think the word "mirror" isn't 
applicable to private repository.

> Stepping back, do you need to fetch those branches into the private
> repo? If you still have access to the main repo and that's where the
> main project development is happening, why not use upstream's repo to
> get those changes to your local repo (as in the one you use to work)?
> It sounds like you're trying to replicate a centralised VCS'
> workflow. Git works like a network and you can merge a branch from
> upstream if you need to and then push to the private repo.

Yes, I can add one more remote to my local repository, then fetch 
changes from it and push it to private repository. But I thought that 
update private repository is the best way.

Thank you!