Subject: Re: Bug! Git merge also fails with a wrong error message

From: Yves Goergen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 09:17:05 +0100

On 13.01.2012 20:34 CE(S)T, Jakub Narebski wrote:
>> Since I don't have access to the news system, I need to use the Gmane
>> website. I don't know exactly what it is.
> 
> GMane is an e-mail to news gateway, and a mailing list archive. It
> exposes mailing list as a newsgroup, so it can be read and written to
> via newsreader (via Usenet).

I have Thunderbird, but I have no usenet server to entry in a usenet
account, so as I said, I don't have access to that part of the internet.
I had at university, but that's some time ago now.

> [email-masked] is a public non-subscribe mailing list; you don't
> need to subscribe to post requests there.  Note that it is a custom on
> this mailing list to always include all participants in given
> (sub)thread directly in Cc, so you should get responses to your emails
> even if you are not subscribed.

Good to know NOW. It really should have informed me in the first place
on that website. It's a vital information without which you likely won't
get anywhere (as I).

-- 
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <[email-masked]>
Visit my web laboratory at http://beta.unclassified.de