Subject: Re: How to migrate a complex directory structure from SVN to GIT?

From: Jehan Bing <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 10:47:48 -0800

On 2012-01-17 11:33, Asuka wrote:
> I would like to migrate all branches and tags .. but unfortunately sometimes
> I have just a trunk directory and no branches or tags directory. Sometimes
> the branches are in a subdirectory, sometimes in a subsubdirectory. So how
> can migrate my svn in an efficient way?

 From the look of your example, each project is either a trunk, or have 
subdirectories for trunk/branches/tags so I don't think it's a problem. 
If you don't have branches or tags, just don't specify them when you 
clone your subversion repository.

If however you have a more complex layout, you can use "git svn init", 
then edit .git/config to suit your needs, then run "git svn fetch".
And by "suit your needs", I mean you can add multiple "fetch=..." lines.
In my case, I ended up having one "fetch=..." for each trunk, branch and 
tag.
It was not efficient, it took 2 weeks to convert <30k revisions, ~200 
branches/project, ~80 projects, but it works well enough for me.

	Jehan