Subject: Re: post-update to stash after push to non-bare current branch

From: Neal Kreitzinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 18:35:21 -0600

On 1/20/2012 6:16 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Neal Kreitzinger<[email-masked]>  writes:
>
>> To get this to work I had to learn more about shell scripting and export
>> the GIT_WORK_TREE git environment variable.
>>
>> (post-update hook):
>> export GIT_WORK_TREE=/home/neal/FSNMSTHTML
>> git checkout -f HEAD
>
>
> Hmm, I thought "cd ..&&  git checkout -f HEAD" (or "git reset --hard")
> would have worked.

Ok, I just tried that for the first time and it complained "not a git 
repository: '.'" because it looks like that caused GIT_DIR to no longer 
point to WORKTREE/.git but instead to WORKTREE/ because GIT_DIR is set 
to '.' in the post-update script's environment as indicated in this 
thread: 
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6635018/reuse-git-work-tree-in-post-receive-hook-to-rm-a-few-files

v/r,
neal