Subject: Re: Cannot push a commit

From: Matthias Fechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 07:53:27 +0100

Am 19.01.2012 03:09, schrieb Jeff King:
> Thanks for following up on this. It does seem like openssh is dropping
> your connection in a half-duplex way, though we don't know why. A bug in
> openssh sounds like a reasonable candidate...

I was now able to track the problem down to the command which is causing
the problem.
If you install git and you have tortoise-svn installed the installer
select as ssh client tortoiseplink.exe and this is the program which has
the bug.
I changed the system back to the ssh.exe which comes with the git
installer and it is working fine.
I downloaded the plink.exe (dev version) for the putty homepage and it
works fine.
If i use the tortoiseplink.exe again it fails.

Hopefully this will help some ppl to solve there problem too.

I'll start to do some tests if the same problem will raise with svn too
and I ask the tortoise-svn devs to replace the tortoiseplink.exe by a
newer version.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Bye
Matthias

-- 

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to
produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." --
Rich Cook