Subject: Re: git svn problem

From: Sam Vilain <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 13:21:23 -0800

On 2/10/12 10:15 AM, Serhat Sevki Dincer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using git-svn (1.7.4.1-3 on ubuntu) to get a project. It has two
> svn repositories, apparently disjoint. First half is at
> http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.app.locales, and the continuation
> at http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/plone.app.locales
> How can i get a nice linear git-svn repository? the second one is the
> new location of the project. I am only interested in the trunks btw.

Import them separately to different git-svn remotes, and once they are 
in the same repository you can graft them together using 
.git/info/grafts (see man gitrepository-layout).  Once it looks right 
(check using 'gitk' etc), make it permanent using git filter-branch. 
You'll also want to remove the .git/svn directory, and re–run 'git svn 
fetch' so that git svn's revision database is recomputed.  Don't forget 
the -A option to 'git svn fetch'!

Good luck,
Sam