Subject: git log -z doesn't separate commits with NULs

From: Nikolaj Shurkaev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 12:14:23 +0300

Hello all.

I wanted to generate several files with some statistics using "git log 
-z" command.
I did something like this:
git log -z --patch HEAD~10..HEAD -- SomePathHere | xargs -0 
--max-chars=1000000 ~/1.sh

If I put
echo "started"
into the file  ~/1.sh I see that the file is called only once instead of 
multiple times.

I'm newbie to xargs, thus I tested with and that worked as I expected.
find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0  ./1.sh
That produced a lost of "started" lines.

Thus I suspect there is a but in git log -z command and that doesn't 
"Separate the commits with NULs instead of with new newlines." as 
promised in the documents.
Is my understanding correct or I don't understand the documentation or 
somehow pass wrong parameters into git log?

Thank you.
Best regards,
Nikolaj