Subject: Re: git push from client is not updating files on server

From: Neal Kreitzinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 17:32:56 -0600

On 3/6/2012 5:07 PM, Jerome Yanga wrote:
> Is there a way to make git write to the working directory of the
> central public server?
>
In your original post you stated:

 > From the git client server, I can successfully clone projects in from
 > the central public Git server using the command below.
 >
 > git clone 
http://<hostname_of_central_public_git_server>/<Project_name>.git

".git" extension implies "bare" repo.  A bare repo has _no_ working 
tree.  Is the repo in question bare or non-bare?  If you are not sure, 
then cd to the central-repo-dir (ie., the <Project_name>.git you cloned 
_from_ in your example above) and run "git config -l |grep bare".  If it 
says "core.bare=true" then it is a bare repo.

v/r,
neal