Subject: Re: Edit a rerere conflict resolution

From: Vincent van Ravesteijn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:37:51 +0100

Op 16-3-2012 17:20, Junio C Hamano schreef:
> Vincent van Ravesteijn<[email-masked]>  writes:
>
>> No, I turned rerere.autoupdate off. Proven in the above by the line
>> "Resolved... " instead of "Staged...".
> Yeah, actually I just tried and the procedure works with or without
> autoupdate for me.
>
> So there is something different between our setup (or the nature of the
> conflict), but I do not know what it is offhand.

Hmm.. The behaviour seems to be different for the "official Git for 
Windows 1.7.9" as for the version I compiled myself with MSVC.

First, the sha1s in the rerere cache differ. Second, when using the MSVC 
version to generate the preimages and resolutions, I can use both 
version to forget the resolution again.

Maybe another EOL-style problem ?

Vincent