Subject: Re: Push from specific directory.

From: Neal Kreitzinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 19:09:51 -0500

On 3/22/2012 6:53 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Neal Kreitzinger<[email-masked]>  writes:
>
>> See this thread for the "cons" of nested git repos: (I don't think
>> there are any "pros".)
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/190372
>
> Hmph, I see you saying "I will keep this in mind" and "Thanks" at the end,
> and back then I took it that you understood why/how nested working trees
> are useful.  Perhaps you didn't and I misunderstood you?

I neglected to distinguish between ignored-nested-git-repos (has pros) 
and tracked-subdir-nested-git-repos (has no pros) in my preface to the 
thread link.  That was an oversight on my part.

BTW, I'm am still being compelled to deal with 
tracked-subdir-nested-git-repos and I have not found any pros to them so 
your original assessment of that technique still stands. ;-)

v/r,
neal