Subject: Re: [RFH] SoC 2012 Guidelines

From: André Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 11:58:14 -0300

On 03/25/2012 03:19 AM, Tay Ray Chuan wrote:
> 2012/3/25 Jakub Narebski<[email-masked]>:
>>   We really should have more ideas, as it looks like students would be
>>   battling for a few projects (I think there are two would-be students
>>   for any proposed project).  Well, too late now.
Right. But would there be room for every student anyhow? Or, at least, 
would there be room for more students if there were more ideas / projects?

> Looking through the ideas page on the wiki, it's not that we don't
> have enough ideas, it's just that students are all "clustering" around
> a few proposals (or just one, to be exact).
Which proposal (or proposals) is that?

> I wonder if they are aware of this, given that they most probably
> aren't subscribed to the list and thus wouldn't see "competing"
> proposals.
Yes, at least I'm aware :) But I think it would be good to everybody if 
we could manage to get us students to talk and pick one different 
proposal each, specially if there is a possibility to get more people to 
participate in GSoC for Git.

Cheers
André