Subject: Re: Clone fails on a repo with too many heads/tags

From: Ivan Todoroski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 17:30:04 +0200

On 25.03.2012 03:06, Jeff King wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 09:49:55PM +0100, Ivan Todoroski wrote:
> 
>> Is it failing for anyone else on the vanilla "maint" branch? I would
>> appreciate any help I could get here.
> 
> No, it passes fine here (Debian unstable).

OK, thanks for checking, it's good to know.

> Does your machine have mod_rewrite installed and enabled? I would think
> apache would complain at startup if it wasn't.  I wonder if there's
> something non-portable in the minimal apache config we ship.

Looks like it comes by default with the RPM. Maybe the Apache version is 
too old?

$ rpm -q httpd
httpd-2.2.3-63.el5.centos.1

$ rpm -ql httpd | grep rewrite
/usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_rewrite.so

$ ls -l /usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_rewrite.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 60384 Feb 23 19:23 
/usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_rewrite.so

$ ls -l trash\ directory.t5551-http-fetch/httpd/modules/mod_rewrite.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 60384 Feb 23 19:23 trash 
directory.t5551-http-fetch/httpd/modules/mod_rewrite.so

Also, mod_rewrite is enabled in both the master config file 
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf, as well as the minimal 
git/t/lib-httpd/apache.conf.

> Does httpd/error.log in the trash directory say anything interesting?

Nothing, it just gives the startup and shutdown message:

$ cat trash\ directory.t5551-http-fetch/httpd/error.log
[Sun Mar 25 15:27:12 2012] [notice] Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) configured -- 
resuming normal operations
[Sun Mar 25 15:27:12 2012] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down

I will try your patch from the other message a bit later and let you know.