Subject: Re: Sharing nested subparts of large repository?

From: "Dennis E. Slice" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:43:14 -0400

On 3/26/12 12:07 AM, Phil Hord wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 12:38 PM, LordSmoke<[email-masked]>  wrote:
<...snip...>
>>
>> Would someone point me in the right direction to achieve my goals?
>
> There's a blog post detailing a similar workflow here:
> http://www.braintreepayments.com/devblog/our-git-workflow

Yes. That is exactly where I was heading in thinking about things and 
learning more about branches. gitx or gitg really help clarify the 
relationships and allow one to think better about the organization. I 
had looked at all this early on, but was too new to be anything other 
than confused. I have enough experience now to appreciate at least some 
of it.

TIA

>
> Grr... I think they used to have a section on keeping some parts of
> the project "forever private", but I don't see that now.
>
> Phil
>
>