Subject: Re: How to setup git repository for internal collaboration, that can be rebased easily?

From: Neal Kreitzinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:16:52 -0500

On 3/27/2012 12:50 AM, Kumar Pande wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Kumar Pande<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>
> So this what we have done so far:
>
> git clone --bare --shared
> http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git
> git config core.sharedrepository 1
>
I don't think git-clone --shared does what you think it does.  You 
should reread the git-clone manpage for --shared.  I haven't used it, 
but from what I'm reading it doesn't seem to make sense in conjunction 
with your cloning of git.kernel.org.  Either way, it comes with a 
warning in the manpage:  http://schacon.github.com/git/git-clone.html
"NOTE: this is a possibly dangerous operation; do not  use it unless you 
understand what it does..."

v/r,
neal