Subject: Re: [PATCH] rebase -i: remove CHERRY_PICK_HEAD when cherry-pick failed

From: Andrew Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 17:22:06 -0400

On 04/03/2012 05:12 PM, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Jonathan Nieder wrote:
>   
>> Cherry-pick does the merge, so it is what notices the merge conflict.
>> If you search for CHERRY_PICK_HELP in builtin/revert.c, the relevant
>> code should show up.
>>     
> I was looking at an older git version.  In newer gits, the code path
> in question lives at print_advice() in sequencer.c.
>   
Yes, the code has been moved into sequencer now.

But what I meant was, regardless of who's calling "cherry-pick", if
"cherry-pick" runs into an error and needs to stop, it needs to save a
state so that it can do a "--continue". And this behavior should stay
the same regardless of who the caller is. And that means its callers
(e.g. "rebase -i") should know about this and do a cleanup when
"cherry-pick" failed.