Subject: Static gitweb content when using pathinfo

From: José María Escartín Esteban <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 15:54:27 +0200

Hi,

I'm running gitweb in a server.example.com/gitweb/ scenario.  If I don't enable
pathinfo everything works fine, but when I enable pathinfo the static content
stops showing up in the browser.

I'm not an HTML or perl expert, but I think that this may be due to a missing
slash in the construction of the base tag:  Using the upstream script I am getting

<base href="http://server.example.com/gitweb" />

and no static content.  Once I tune the script to add a final slash to the url

<base href="http://server.example.com/gitweb/" />

the static content shows up again.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong (am I?), and possibly this can be solved from
the web server side, but maybe it also makes some sense to include in the script
some check that the url used in the base tag ends with a slash.  In that case,
given my lack of perl skills, I would be really grateful if somebody implemented it.

Thank you for your attention.

Greetings,

	E.