Subject: git svn dcommit --commit-url

From: phantomjinx <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 11:09:00 +0100

Greetings,

I have git-svn cloned a repo from its anonymous http url using git2svn.

This worked fine but in order to commit back, I would need to use the
committer-only https url.

I googled and found the 'commiturl' config option, as well as the
--commit-url switch on dcommit. Thank goodness for these!!

I edit my git config to look like this

[svn-remote "svn"]
        url = http://anonymous.blah.com/myproject
        fetch = trunk:refs/remotes/svn/trunk
        branches = branches/*:refs/remotes/svn/*
        tags = tags/*:refs/remotes/svn/tags/*
        commiturl = https://svn.blah.com/myproject

and prepare to dcommit my commits from SomeBranch

git co SomeBranch
git svn dcommit

or

git svn dcommit --commit-url https://svn.blah.com/myproject

which results in the following:

Committing to https://svn.blah.com/myproject ...
        M       plugins/somefile.txt
Incomplete data: Delta source ended unexpectedly at
/usr/libexec/git-core/git-svn line 848

However, the following syntax works correctly:

git svn dcommit --commit-url
https://svn.blah.com/myproject/branches/SomeBranch

I cannot add the 'branches/SomeBranch' to my config and I thought
git-svn would have deduced them from the branch I am currently on? Is
this expected behaviour, a bug in my repo or a bug in git-svn's code?

I can commit so it is not a problem but I would appreciate any
information that anyone has on this.

Not subscribed.

Many Thanks

Paul

-- 
Paul Richardson