Subject: Help with repo management.

From: Mark Haney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:35:00 -0400

I'm new to git and repo management and I have an issue that I can't 
quite figure out.  Here's my problem.

I have a server (SERVER) with a repo on it.  It has all my code and 
documentation.  I pulled that repo onto my workstation for a local copy 
so I could work at home or wherever with needing server access. My 
problem is I can /pull/ from the repo on SERVER, but I can't /push/ any 
local changes back to the server.  I get an error message about master 
being checked out.

I know a little about bare repos, but my understanding is that the bare 
repo doesn't actually have the actual files in it, just the changes, 
which is not what I want.  I would like to have the copy on SERVER to 
work from if I want, and also be able to pull/push changes from my local 
copy as well.  That way I have 2 copies of the data handy (not to 
mention the disc backups.

I'm fairly sure this can be setup, but I just don't know enough to 
figure it out.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

-- 

Mark Haney
Software Developer/Consultant
AB Emblem
[email-masked]
Linux marius.homelinux 3.3.1-5.fc16.x86_64 GNU/Linux