Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/4] Documentation: explain push.default option a bit more

From: Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 07:01:46 +0200

On 04/21/2012 06:08 AM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Michael Haggerty<[email-masked]>  writes:
>> "Atomic" implies that either the whole push succeeds or the whole push
>> fails, and that readers will never see part of the push.
>
> Oh, I didn't mean "atomic" in that strict sense.  After all this was a
> description at the workflow level--what the human user perceives.

That's what I suspected.

Given that the word "atomic", for technical people, has a strict meaning 
that is not met here, and for non-technical people probably only means 
"nuclear", I suggest that the word be avoided in this explanation.  Perhaps

>      * `matching` - push all branches having the same name in both ends.
>        This is for those who prepare all the branches into a publishable
>        shape and push them out atomically, and suitable when pushing to a
>        non-shared repository. [...]

could be changed to

>      * `matching` - push all branches having the same name in both ends.
>        This allows those who prepare all the branches into a publishable
>        shape to push them out to a non-shared repository with a single
 >        command. [...]

Michael

-- 
Michael Haggerty
[email-masked]
http://softwareswirl.blogspot.com/