Subject: Re: Subtree in Git

From: Herman van Rink <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 10:34:49 +0200

On 27-04-12 22:38, [email-masked] wrote:
> Hilco Wijbenga <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Do we have an idea of when subtree support will be a part of Git core?
>> I am aware that I can install it separately but I'd like to know if
>> there is something like a timeline or a target Git version number. And
>> "no", is fine. :-)
> We don't know right now.  I want to take a look at Herman's patches
> first but have been delayed for various reasons.  I hope to get to that
> this weekend.  I also want to get at least one release under our belt.

I've worked on this a bit over the weekend.

I've forked the main git repo  on github to merge my tree on top of that.

I basically did a: git subtree merge --prefix=contrib/subtree <my
git-subtree branch>

The work in progress in on: https://github.com/helmo/git (the
subtree-updates branch)

Rentzsch supplied a patch to get the original test.sh up and running again.
This will make it easier to get the tests in t7900-subtree.sh updated.

-- 
Met vriendelijke groet / Regards,

Herman van Rink 
Initfour websolutions