Subject: ls-tree and wildcards

From: Ryan McCue <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 01:07:41 +1000

Good evening folks,

I'm attempting to grab relevant information for files in a tree matching 
a given pattern with wildcards. The help for ls-tree indicates that it 
can accept a pattern of files to match, however I'm not able to see that.

$ git ls-tree origin/master
...
100644 blob 8c391e8fb44a38e1389a710ebf8af79612e592a6    screenshot-1.png
100644 blob ecb7159c1c02567e9cd5da83c254c538d331f733    screenshot-2.png
100644 blob f58eea7e27f98c01038262b823aa73ccd64cb01e    screenshot-3.png
100644 blob 07e64def408145660cee657a46947077374762cc    screenshot-4.png
$ git ls-tree origin/master screenshot*
$

(I've also tried quoting to ensure it's not bash playing up)

Is there some issue with the command I'm issuing? The documentation 
seems to indicate that I should be getting back the files which match 
the pattern.

Thanks,

-- 
Ryan McCue
<http://ryanmccue.info/>