Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] submodule: fix handling of supermodules with relative origin URLs

From: Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 20:56:15 +0200

Am 19.05.2012 06:40, schrieb Jon Seymour:
> Prior to this change, an operation such as git submodule add, init or
> sync produced the wrong result when the origin URL of the supermodule
> was itself a relative URL.
> 
> The issue arises in these cases, because the origin URL of
> the supermodule needs to be prepended with a prefix that navigates
> from the submodule to the supermodule so that when the submodule
> URL is concatenated, the resulting url is relative to the working tree
> of the submodule.

Just a small nit: I'd prefer to replace the 4 occurrences of the term
"supermodule" with "superproject".

BTW, what happened to the following comment in you other email?

>> +                               remoteurl="${up_path%/}/${remoteurl%/*}"
>
> Meant up_path%/ to be up_path%/*

The '*' is not there (but the test suite runs fine no matter if I add
a '*' there or not). Thinking about it not adding the '*' should be
correct, as you just want to chop off a trailing '/' from $up_path
here, right?

So no objection on the code changes from my side.