Subject: Re: diffstat witdth with one changed file

From: Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 18:47:14 +0200

On 05/22/2012 02:50 PM, Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy wrote:
>> On 05/21/2012 05:52 PM, Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> With recent git, "git log --stat 90e6ef5", the first commit's diffstat
>>> uses full terminal width while the next one uses less than 80 chars.
>>> Both changes one file. Is it intentional? I tend to think it's a bug
>>> because with one-file changes, diffstat width is not important as we
>>> have no other files to compare with.
> It just looks weird that while most of the commits fill half of my
> screen (200 char width), some diffstats strike a line through the
> right edge. And I did not see the reason for that in the beginning
> because I thought long lines only makes sense when compare to other
> lines.

A side note: 'git diff --stat-graph-width=N' or 'git config
diff.statGraphWidth N' can be used to limit the width of the graph part.
I don't use it myself, but it could be useful if you have a really wide
terminal.

Zbyszek