Subject: Re: [PATCHv2] Do not autosquash in case of an implied interactive rebase

From: Vincent van Ravesteijn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 11:17:03 +0200

Op 25-5-2012 19:50, Junio C Hamano schreef:
> Vincent van Ravesteijn<[email-masked]>  writes:
>
>> The option to autosquash is only used in case of an interactive rebase.
>> When merges are preserved, rebase uses an interactive rebase internally,
>> but in this case autosquash should still be disabled.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Vincent van Ravesteijn<[email-masked]>
> Hrm, what if the end user said "git rebase --autosquash -p" explicitly
> from the command line?

The option "--autosquash" is designed to have no effect whenever 
"--interactive" is not supplied.

This is what you also argue in another thread 
(http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/198579):

\"And that "I want rebase with --autosquash but I am not going to do any 
other editing" is where my suggestion to use "--no-edit" comes from.\"

Or did you mean that you want to imply "--interactive" when 
"--autosquash" is explicitly given ?

Vincent