Subject: Re: introduction

From: Michael Schubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 11:04:11 +0200

On 06/04/2012 10:36 PM, Leila wrote:
> 1) Commands are cryptic: I was thinking I could provide a wrapper to
> simplify the commands, for example to undo a local commit, I can
> introduce a "git undo commit", that wraps "reset" and will undo the
> last commit. Or maybe "git rollback" is a better name?

There's Legit [1], Easy Git [2] and probably more.

> 2) git undo command, that will undo the last command (if possible)?

Not possible in general.

> 3) Just like we have git-svn, maybe a svn-git?

?

> Any help or if you can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate
> it. I can also start out by fixing some bugs to get into it. I
> couldn't figure out how to see a list of bugs though.

There's no bugtracker, just the ML.

How to submit patches:
https://raw.github.com/gitster/git/master/Documentation/SubmittingPatches

You could check "old" GSoC Ideas:
https://github.com/peff/git/wiki/SoC-2012-Ideas

> How does one contribute to your documentation? Would it be submitting
> a patch just like with code?

Yes.

HTH.

[1] http://www.git-legit.org
[2] http://people.gnome.org/~newren/eg/