Subject: git-p4: commits are visible in history after 'git p4 clone', but not a single file present

From: Ilya Dogolazky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:03:15 +0300

Hi !

I hope this is the right mailing list for question regarding the usage 
of git-p4, sorry if I'm wrong.

Here is my problem: I'm issuing the command
'git p4 clone //kalma/xxx/yyy@all'. (the depot //kalma/xxx/yyy/ exists 
on my machine and is full of files). After this command the directory 
'yyy' is created and the history of commits is visible there by 'git log 
-p'.

Every commit contains author name, a title (related to the project I'm 
working on, so obviously coming from perforce depot) and a single line 
looking like this:

[git-p4: depot-paths = "//kalma/xxx/yyy/": change = 17473]

Beside of that, the commit is empty: not a single line of code is 
changed/added. And the directory 'yyy' contains only the '.git' 
subdirectory, so not a single file of the project is visible.

Please help me to understand what could be going on there, and what 
could I have done wrong.

Thanks a lot!

-- Ilya Dogolazky