Subject: Re: git-p4: commits are visible in history after 'git p4 clone', but not a single file present

From: Ilya Dogolazky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 22:16:28 +0300

Hi Luke!

06/11/2012 06:28 PM, ext Luke Diamand написал:
> If you do something like "p4 describe 17473" what does that show?
First I see a line containing the change number, my colleague's name and 
date, then the commit title (identical to one printed by "git log"), 
then a list of files [every line begins with "... //xxx/yyy/"], then the 
word "Differences" and then something looking very much like output of 
'diff' command (the actual commit differences).

> Are the files changed all contained with //kalma/xxx/yyy?
Yes, they are.

> It could be that there's a p4 version problem going on - which version
> of p4 are you
> using?
The output of 'p4 -V' contains "Rev. P4/LINUX26X86/2012.1/459601 
(2012/05/11)". That's probably the version of my command line client.

The output of "p4 info" contains "P4D/LINUX26X86_64/2011.1/428451 
(2012/03/08)" --- that's probably the version of the server.

The version of git installation (by debian package) is 1:1.7.10-1 (as 
reported by "dpkg -l git"). The package contains the file 
"/usr/share/doc/git/contrib/fast-import/git-p4" which I copied to 
$HOME/bin/git-p4 in order to have in $PATH and with executable bit. 
Could it be, that I did something wrong here by making this manually?

 > And which platform are you using?
Debian GNU/Linux.

I hope I provided all the needed information, of not please ask for more.

Cheers,

Ilya