Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] submodule add + autocrlf + safecrlf

From: Brad King <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 14:09:12 -0400

On 06/20/2012 01:49 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> I have a suspicion that "git config" should be taught about this
> kind of thing instead.
> 
> Shoudn't your .git/config file that is outside the revision control
> also end with CRLF if your platform and project prefer CRLF over LF?

That would be reasonable, but is beyond the scope I'm willing to
tackle myself.

I don't actually have a project like this so I have no strong
opinion on this issue.  I discovered the problem by accident
and have already worked around it in the obscure case it matters
for me.

Perhaps only the first patch in the series is worth inclusion.
It can become the beginning of a series if someone wants to address
handling crlf in config files.  Note that in the case I discovered
this the crlf configuration was in ~/.gitconfig so the project
knew nothing about it and had no .gitattributes.

-Brad