Subject: Re: git clone command

From: Neal Kreitzinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 15:49:33 -0500

On 6/13/2012 12:09 AM, Paa Kojo Konduah Amos wrote:
> hello, i have been working with git for some time now... and i have just
> been hit with a serious problem in the middle of a major deployment of
> our project.
>
> Problem: when i do a "git clone" on the server url without specifying
> the actual git repository..the command still pulls files of a previous
> clone rather than warning me the repository does not exist.
>
> PLEASE what might be wrong...is there something like clean some
> cache.... i am really hot now!!!
>

git-clone manpage states:

<directory>
The name of a new directory to clone into. The "humanish" part of the 
source repository is used if no directory is explicitly given (repo for 
/path/to/repo.git and foo for host.xz:foo/.git). Cloning into an 
existing directory is only allowed if the directory is empty.

I assume you're ending up with a new dir/worktree named after the 
humanish part of the repo-name in your url?  mystery solved?

v/r,
neal