Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/6] Teach clone to set remote.default.

From: Marc Branchaud <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 17:49:11 -0400

On 12-07-06 04:43 PM, Marc Branchaud wrote:
> 
> So why change "git clone" to always set remote.default if the functionality
> remains the same either way?
> 
> To me it makes a more consistent implementation.  Since "git remote add" sets
> remote.default if it's adding the first remote to the repository, when clone
> itself adds the first remote it should do the same.
> 
> Plus this approach makes "clone -o" also work without any special-casing, so
> the code is cleaner, IMHO.

Also, it means that

	git clone /some/repo

and

	git clone -o origin /some/repo

produce exactly the same result.

		M.