Subject: [PATCH v3 3/7] test-tool run-command testsuite: remove hardcoded filter

From: Josh Steadmon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 15:33:52 -0800

`test-tool run-command testsuite` currently assumes that it will only be
running the shell test suite, and therefore filters out anything that
does not match a hardcoded pattern of "t[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]-*.sh".

Later in this series, we'll adapt `test-tool run-command testsuite` to
also support unit tests, which do not follow the same naming conventions
as the shell tests, so this hardcoded pattern is inconvenient.

Since `testsuite` also allows specifying patterns on the command-line,
let's just remove this pattern. As noted in [1], there are no longer any
uses of `testsuite` in our codebase, it should be OK to break backwards
compatibility in this case. We also add a new filter to avoid trying to
execute "." and "..", so that users who wish to execute every test in a
directory can do so without specifying a pattern.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Signed-off-by: Josh Steadmon <[email-masked]>
---
 t/helper/test-run-command.c | 4 +---
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/t/helper/test-run-command.c b/t/helper/test-run-command.c
index a41a54d9cb..e6bd792274 100644
--- a/t/helper/test-run-command.c
+++ b/t/helper/test-run-command.c
@@ -175,9 +175,7 @@ static int testsuite(int argc, const char **argv)
 	while ((d = readdir(dir))) {
 		const char *p = d->d_name;
 
-		if (*p != 't' || !isdigit(p[1]) || !isdigit(p[2]) ||
-		    !isdigit(p[3]) || !isdigit(p[4]) || p[5] != '-' ||
-		    !ends_with(p, ".sh"))
+		if (!strcmp(p, ".") || !strcmp(p, ".."))
 			continue;
 
 		/* No pattern: match all */
-- 
2.44.0.rc0.258.g7320e95886-goog