Subject: [PATCH v6 18/21] t0061: workaround issues with --with-dashes and RUNTIME_PREFIX

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 06:19:36 -0800 (PST)

From: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>

When building Git with RUNTIME_PREFIX and starting a test helper from
t/helper/, it fails to detect a system prefix. The reason is that the
RUNTIME_PREFIX feature wants to use the location of the Git executable
to determine where the support files can be found, e.g. system-wide Git
config or the translations. This does not make any sense for the test
helpers, though, as they are distinctly not in a directory structure
resembling the final installation location of Git.

That is the reason why the test helpers rely on environment variables to
indicate the location of the needed support files, e.g.
GIT_TEXTDOMAINDIR. If this information is missing, the output will
contain warnings like this one:

	RUNTIME_PREFIX requested, but prefix computation failed. [...]

In t0061, we did not expect that to happen, and it actually does not
happen in the regular case, because bin-wrappers/test-tool specifically
sets GIT_TEXTDOMAINDIR (and as a consequence, nothing in test-tool needs
to know anything about any runtime prefix).

However, with --with-dashes, bin-wrappers/test-tool is no longer called,
but t/helper/test-tool is called directly instead.

So let's just ignore the RUNTIME_PREFIX warning.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t0061-run-command.sh | 3 ++-
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/t/t0061-run-command.sh b/t/t0061-run-command.sh
index 99a614bc7c..5a2d087bf0 100755
--- a/t/t0061-run-command.sh
+++ b/t/t0061-run-command.sh
@@ -166,7 +166,8 @@ test_trace () {
 	expect="$1"
 	shift
 	GIT_TRACE=1 test-tool run-command "$@" run-command true 2>&1 >/dev/null | \
-		sed -e 's/.* run_command: //' -e '/trace: .*/d' >actual &&
+		sed -e 's/.* run_command: //' -e '/trace: .*/d' \
+			-e '/RUNTIME_PREFIX requested/d' >actual &&
 	echo "$expect true" >expect &&
 	test_cmp expect actual
 }
-- 
gitgitgadget