Subject: Re: Android Replies to Git List getting rejected

From: John 'Warthog9' Hawley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 13:33:23 -0600

It's pretty simple: you sent HTML mail to vger.kernel.org, and it
explicitly rejects all HTML e-mail.  GMail, particularly from Android,
apparently doesn't have a way to bypass sending HTML mail (it's been a
much maligned bug).

Before you ask, no I very much doubt vger will change it's policy with
regards to HTML mail, and honestly it's a policy I fully support.

Your only bet is to use a mail client that won't send HTML, K-9 or
Kaiten should work.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley

On 08/07/2012 01:24 PM, Drew Northup wrote:
> I am not 100% sure of the root cause of this, but I have gotten the
> following error message back from vger via GMail at least twice now:
> 
> "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
> 
>       [email-masked]
> 
>  Technical details of permanent failure:
>  Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the
> recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for
> further information about the cause of this error. The error that the
> other server returned was: 550 550 5.7.1 Content-Policy reject msg:
> The message contains HTML subpart, therefore we consider it SPAM or
> Outlook Virus.  TEXT/PLAIN is accepted.! BF:<H 0.0255687>;
> S1755748Ab2HGTHS (state 17)."
> 
> I was replying to [email-masked]
> (Subject: Re: [PATCH] Avoid crippled getpass function on Solaris).
> Hopefully all of the direct replies went through, but the list denied
> it. Some other replies have worked just fine.
> 
> Before the usual raft of "you configured your mail client incorrectly"
> I would like to note that such things are not configurable in the
> Android GMail App. If this is an app issue I'll (attempt to) take it
> up with them (and expect zero results). (I am writing this from the
> webmail interface in the hopes that it goes through.)
> 
> Am I the ONLY ONE seeing this?
>