Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFC] git svn: don't introduce new paragraph for git-svn-id

From: Robert Luberda <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 01:14:50 +0200

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Eric Wong <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>> I think having "svn" in "svn.trimsvnlog" twice is redundant and not ideal.
>> Perhaps just --trim-log and svn.trimlog?
> 
> Do we ever want to trim "our" log when relaying the Git commits back
> to subversion?  Having "svn" in "trimsvnlog" makes it clear that the
> logs from subversion side is getting trimmed.

`git commit' already trims the messages (except for removing the leading
whitespaces from the first non-whitespace-only line) and git svn doesn't
change that.

The new option affects the way the messages are imported from svn to
git, with one exception when the --add-author-from option of dcommit is
used (in which case it may skip adding an extra new line character
before the `From: ' line). For that reason --trim-svn-log might be a
better name.

Regards,
robert