Subject: Re: Odd issue - The Diffs That WILL NOT DIE.

From: Robin Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 21:38:17 +0200

Jeff King skrev 2011-12-08 00.06:
> On Wed, Dec 07, 2011 at 11:58:27PM +0100, Carlos Martín Nieto wrote:
>
>> If you want to use OSX to develop this project, you'll have to either
>> rename one of those files or set your filesystem to be case-sensitive
>> (and unset core.ignorecase afterwards). From what I've heard, the OS
>> itself will work fine with a case-sensitive filesystem, but not all
>> applications might. YMMV.
>
> I've never done it, but my understanding is that for HFS+, going
> case-sensitive is not a simple flip of a switch, but you have to
> actually make a new filesystem. Given that complexity, and the fact that
> some other apps might not like it, your best bet might be to create a
> new case-sensitive filesystem in a loopback file, and then mount that
> just for this project.
>
> I'm not sure of the exact commands under OS X, but I'm sure some
> googling could probably turn up a solution.

The disk tool does this for you. Can't be much easier than it is.

-- robin