Subject: Re: [PATCH] Prefix shell test output messages with test id

From: Jan-Marek Glogowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 22:29:38 +0200

Am 06.09.2012 14:34, schrieb Thomas Gummerer:
> On 09/06, Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote:
>> This adds the test ID (tXXXX) prefix to the test result message of
>> all shell tests.  This is especially useful when doing a parallel
>> check run, where it's currently quite hard to identify the actual
>> failing test case.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Jan-Marek Glogowski <[email-masked]>
> 
> This breaks the TAP output format of the tests, which is needed to run
> them with prove.  To identify the failing tests more easily when running
> the tests in parallel, you may want to add GIT_TEST_TARGET = prove to
> your config.mak.
> 
> If this change is really needed, I think you should add the test-id after
> the message.

While grep'ing for prove I found t/README...

>>From my point of view the patch can be dropped. I can set GIT_PROVE_OPTS
to run prove with multiple CPUS. Is there a known (easy) way to
propagate MAKEFLAGS -j to prove?

And I would like to propose a symlink from Documentation/testing =>
../t/README.

Thanks for the quick review.