Subject: Suggestions for "What's cooking"

From: Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 21:21:46 +0200

Am 11.09.2012 21:41, schrieb Junio C Hamano:
> Thanks.  I wish all others paid attention to "What's cooking" like
> you did here.
> 
> And if it is hard to do so for whatever reason, suggest a better way
> for me to publish "What's cooking" or an equivalent (I am interested
> in finding the least bureaucratic way to help people and keep the
> balls rolling).

I think "What's cooking" makes lots of sense in its current form
as one gets a very good overview over current development tracks.

Maybe in addition it would be nice to email the author(s) of a
series when the state changes or new comments are added (and to
only include the relevant part from "What's cooking" there). For
me it's not a big problem as I just have to grep for "submodule"
to get the bits I care about, but I suspect others might have to
invest much more time to check the current state of their series
and may appreciate being mailed directly when something happens.
Opinions?