Subject: Re: Interactive rebase with pre-built script?

From: Andrew Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 14:08:31 -0400

On 09/13/2012 09:33 AM, Peter Krefting wrote:
>> But this could potentially be dangerous because if "rebase" fires up 
>> a editor for any other reason (e.g. having a "reword" or "squash" in 
>> your recipe), then the commit message will be messed up. So you need 
>> to make sure your recipe won't trigger any editor except for the recipe.
> Indeed, that's why I don't want to do that. 
Are you expecting to have "reword" or "squash" in your recipe? If not, I 
think you should be safe.
If there's a conflict, then rebase will stop, and next time you run "git 
rebase --continue", your normal editor will be back.
 From your original description, it sounded like you are only doing "pick".

On 09/13/2012 09:33 AM, Peter Krefting wrote:
> Perhaps I should add some switch that would append the contents of a 
> specific file to the prebuild recipe, I guess that should be fairly 
> easy. The question is what to call the switch.
How about calling the switch "--todo"? i.e. "rebase -i --todo my_recipe"
Can we also get some inputs from others on whether adding this switch to 
"rebase -i" is desirable?

On 09/11/2012 11:35 AM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Using "git cherry-pick $(git rev-list --reverse .....)" ought to work.
And I assume what Junio suggested doesn't help with your problem? 
Because of the time skewed behavior?