Subject: Re: Can git pull from a mercurial repository?

From: Georgi Chorbadzhiyski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 12:46:49 +0300

Around 09/26/2012 11:46 AM, Max Horn scribbled:
> On 26.09.2012, at 09:38, Georgi Chorbadzhiyski wrote:
>> Around 09/25/2012 05:15 PM, Max Horn scribbled:
>>> I think there is a lot of demand for a "git-hg" bridge, a way to seemlessly access a Mercurial repository as if it was a git repository. A converse to hg-git <http://hg-git.github.com/>
>>
>> I've already mentioned this, but such a tool already exists and it
>> is working very well (IMHO): http://offbytwo.com/git-hg/
> 
> I guess this is a matter of perspective. It doesn't work at all for me because it does not really support pushing. (It does have a "push" command, but at least last time I looked, it was utterly broken; see also <https://github.com/dubiousjim/yagh/blob/master/Backends.md> for a discussion (not written by me!). I'd be happy to learn that has changed, though I just looked, and it still uses "hg convert", so I don't see how it possibly could work...

I have not tested push (I'm using git-hg to sync hg repo and develop
using git, no pushing back to hg, just sending patches).

According to git-hg README "Push supported added as well although it
is still experimental". You should report the "push" bugs to the
author(s) they may be able to fix them.

-- 
Georgi Chorbadzhiyski
http://georgi.unixsol.org/