Subject: Re: Report a bug, about track remote repository.

From: Cheeray Huang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 10:44:05 +0800

On 2012年10月21日 07:46, Philip Oakley wrote:
>
> At this point you have created the 'conflict' - You can't have two 
> different branches that both track the same identical remote branch 
> and expect that they can be both different and identical at the same 
> time.

> Only one push (from two branches trying) can suceed. You either force 
> the remote to match the current branch, and loose any information that 
> it had about the other branch, or the remote stays with one branch. 
> Simply don't do it [that way]. If the local branches are different, 
> then you need distinct remote branches.

Yes, if it will lead a conflict, I think git should give a warning for 
it and prevent these operations rather than give a comment to inform you 
to push something.

-- 
Best Regards!

Qiyu Huang( Cheeray )