Subject: Re: Can't understand the behaviour of git-diff --submodule

From: Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 01:02:59 +0200

Am 26.10.2012 22:43, schrieb Francis Moreau:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:05 PM, Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]> wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> That is weird, "git diff --submodule" should show that too. Is there
>> anything unusual about your setup? (The only explanation I can come
>> up with after checking the code is that your submodule has neither a
>> .git directory nor a gitfile or the objects directory in there doesn't
>> contain these commits)
> 
> Oh now you're asking, I think the submodule has been added by using
> the --reference option of git-submodule-add.
> 
>   $ cd configs
>   $ cat .git
>   gitdir: ../.git/modules/configs

Thanks, I suspect the --reference option makes the difference here,
I'll check that as soon as I find some time.