Subject: Re: [PATCH] test-lib: avoid full path to store test results

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 19:02:48 +0100

Am 31.10.2012 03:28, schrieb Felipe Contreras:
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:13 AM, Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Felipe Contreras wrote:
>>
>>> It's all fun and games to write explanations for things, but it's not
>>> that easy when you want those explanations to be actually true, and
>>> corrent--you have to spend time to make sure of that.
>>
>> That's why it's useful for the patch submitter to write them, asking
>> for help when necessary.
>>
>> As a bonus, it helps reviewers understand the effect of the patch.
>> Bugs averted!
> 
> Yeah, that would be nice. Too bad I don't have that information, and
> have _zero_ motivation to go and get it for you.

Just to clarify: That information is not just for Jonathan, but for
everyone on this list and those who dig the history a year down the
road. Contributors who have _zero_ motiviation to find out that
information are not welcome here because they cause friction and take
away time from many others for _zero_ gain.

-- Hannes